How to become an accredited workplace rehabilitation provider
If your organisation wishes to be an accredited workplace rehabilitation provider, you will need to read the Nationally Consistent Approval Framework for Workplace Rehabilitation Providers (the National Framework). This document outlines the requirements to be an accredited workplace rehabilitation provider and the application process.
Find the National Framework on the Heads of Workers Compensation Authorities' website.
If you will be operating in Tasmania only
The WorkCover Tasmania Board has amended or omitted some elements of the National Framework that it has determined not to be required for Tasmanian workplace rehabilitation providers, and these areas are outlined in the Tasmanian specific provisions for workplace rehabilitation providers.
If you think your organisation meets the requirements set out in the National Framework, you should complete the following two forms and submit both to WorkCover Tasmania.
- Application for approval as a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider form
- Tasmanian additional requirements to operate (DOC, 6 pages, 84kb)
Note: If you are having problems accessing any of the forms above, try saving it and then completing it.
If you are already accredited in another jurisdiction and wish to operate in Tasmania
If your organisation already holds accreditation as a workplace rehabilitation provider in another jurisdiction and you consider that jurisdiction to be your 'home' jurisdiction, you don't need to complete the 'Application for Approval as a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider Form'; instead, you can provide WorkCover Tasmania with:
- the completed 'Tasmanian Additional Requirements to Operate' form
- a copy of your most recent HWCA application or renewal form submitted to your home jurisdiction
- a copy of your current Instrument of Approval from your home jurisdiction
- a copy of your most recent self-evaluation report submitted to your home jurisdiction
- a copy of your current workers compensation insurance policy covering your organisation's workplace rehabilitation providers operating in Tasmania.